Strategic Planning 101:
Using a Guided Process to Reach Long-term Goals
Strategic plans are a valuable tool for organizations. They help to focus energy and resources on the activities that align with long-term goals and they make an organization more responsive to a changing environment. However, while more than half of today's organizations will create a strategic plan, most fail to see it through.
Strategic Planning 101 helps you to outline a plan that is relevant to your organization's mission, vision, and values and helps you to manage execution throughout the process. The program introduces a logical set of activities or tasks that are grouped into three phases: preparation, development, and implementation of the plan. Participants learn how to assemble the right team, gain the commitment of stakeholders, assess their current situation, formulate specific strategies, set priorities, develop objectives, measure success, and respond to change as the plan is carried out. With a case study to drive home application, this program will help to ensure your organizationís mangers and leaders gain the know how to begin focusing team efforts to achieve long-term goals.
- Recognize the difference between a strategic plan and other planning processes.
- Identify the situations in which a strategic plan is most useful.
- Understand the three phases in the strategic planning process.
- Develop and implement strategies that will help you achieve long-term goals.
- Module 1: An Introduction to Strategic Planning
- Module 2: Preparing to Develop the Strategic Plan
- Module 3: Developing the Strategic Plan
- Module 4: Implementing the Strategic Plan
- Test Your Knowledge (offered at the end of each Module)
- Case Study (offered at the end of the Program as part of the Review)
Program Length: Approximately 1 hour.
Target Audience: This course is appropriate for executives, managers, and others who lead or participate in strategic planning efforts.